- Books (includes large selection of Adult Large Print) and Magazines
- 3 best seller large print books added to our collection each month!
- Over 16,000 fiction and non-fiction titles for Adults, Young Adults and Children
- Yearbooks, Pamphlets, Tax forms
- Videos, Books on tape, DVDs and CDs
- Hundreds of videos & DVDs in our collection — we may not have the newest titles but we have the most in the area!
- Rotating Books on CD and Adult Large Print Books from the Potter-Tioga Library System – changed quarterly
- Books, CDs and some written Records – including the following:
- Genealogy of Northern PA (3 volumes)
- Beers History of McKean, Elk, Cameron & Potter
- Historical Sketches of Potter County
- History of Tioga County, PA
- History of Allegany County, NY
- Public Records Online
- Genealogy Online
- Tri-Counties Genealogy
- 1880 United States Census
- Some Potter County Census records (including 1920)
Astronomy Outreach Lending Program
Cherry Springs State Park and the Ulysses Library have teamed up to develop an astronomy outreach lending program. Thanks to Greg Snowman, the park’s environmental educator, a box of equipment and other resources have been placed in the library. These items may be checked out for up to seven days. Contents include a special telescope to use for stargazing, eyepieces, lens, binoculars, moon filter, maps and books.
The Ulysses Library received four backpacks from the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Office of Commonwealth Libraries to provide STEM materials and books for young children and their adults to enjoy.The funds that provided the backpacks were made available through the Cruise into Kindergarten initiative. Each backpack focuses on a STEM topic – measuring, nighttime, nature, and simple machines. These are available to be checked out.
“Wee Build” Building Sets
We now have Wee Build Building Sets, available for in-library use! These include simple blocks, magnetic
tiles, and plastic construction sets for houses, bridges, and vehicles. Open-ended block play helps children learn many important skills such as problem solving, cooperation, planning, and prediction. All toy sets are also available anytime for in library use. (Special thanks goes out to the Office of Commonwealth Libraries for funding this “Cruise Into Kindergarten” program grant!)